Sunday 28 October 2012

Oasis of Hope




                   Oasis of Hope…

Finally it’s almost been 3 years- when I started my first company! The journey of starting a company, working for it and then pursuing higher studies “MBA” from one of the premier institute (Asian Institute of Management) in the world gives me immense satisfaction. This is the perfect opportunity for me to reminisce! What started, as an experiment to find “the talent within” to do something that adds value and justify my existence. I know it’s always difficult to start something that is far removed from the rigmarole of normal stream. There would be a lot of obstacles and frictions.  And absolutely it’s not like a rocket science that only few can pursue it.

Frankly speaking I have not achieved something great yet but the only satisfaction is that I took the challenge and moved a leap forward.  Entrepreneurship has become one of my most cherished parts of life. There have been days when I have struggled to find time to put the things together, struggling to get projects but I have never thought of calling it quits. I think there are several reasons why. It was in a sense my first start up venture; I had to prove myself that the path I chose is correct. I am my own competition. And the best thing is to set benchmark within you rather than getting into a rat race. I always wished that there should be something that actually helps young entrepreneurs who has dreams to pursue. After all doing business or following ones passion is not at all a social crime. J  

My country has perhaps the large pool of bright, articulate, passionate entrepreneurs and at the same time it is one of the craving fact not all be able to convert their idea to reality. But as I sit today and think about future as MBA is about to over (just 1.5 month left) and just reflect of the projects that I did for Tantra Consultancy Services, I realize, the reason I love this field so much is because it is my oasis of hope. It has given me an identity, which is not a legacy but a separate world of individuality. Entrepreneurship has reinforced my belief in the power of the human spirit. Dreaming is easy, but going after a dream is the hard part. Every young entrepreneur has proven that we are not limited by our constraints but only strengthened by them. I normally look at the very essence of entrepreneurship-resilience. Keep at it till you get to the goal post, even if it keeps shifting. 

I owe a lot to my professors at Asian Institute of Management who all have changed my outlook to think. I will always cherish my time spent with Professor Ortigas and Professor Richard Cruz who all helped me preparing for the Business Plan competition. Now today I can confidently say that the decision I took 3 years back was absolutely perfect. I have also learned a lot from my classmates. My CAN team at AIM was special, and will always be, would always wish to work with such a lovely team. At the end of the day I will take back the learning, lovely memories and friendship.  So thank you- All of my friends and well wishers for believing in my dreams with me. Also thanks to the people who did not believe me initially as I have learned from them too. 

Post MBA I don’t know what will happen, I can’t say like many people that where will I stand after 5 years as I know there is no guarantee of my own existence in the world in coming 5 years. Things are uncertain and it will always be. I have a dream today different from what I had 3 years back. I know the path would not be very smooth, but if we don’t get obstacles then probably we are moving into wrong direction. I hope my learning will help me to achieve my goal. 3 years back I along with my friends dreamt of running a company, we got some awards, were praised by many. Now I have a different dream, a platform for creating opportunity for young entrepreneurs, helping small & medium enterprises, organizing unorganized food sector.

I would not be the appropriate guy to give advice to others but I wish to see more people standing with me who all want to chase their dream. With respect to my country, there are 2 India where we live, One India is living under pessimism in their mind and other India is living with the optimism in their heart. The conversion from pessimism to optimism segment has started. History is turning pages and it’s the time to make difference specially for  Asian countries.     

I would love hearing from you so do send me your feedback, suggestions etc. Also do use this platform to get talking about issues that matter to young dreamers.

5 comments:

  1. Yes.. it's OOH.. (Oasis of Hope)! Yeah scenario in India is changing and lots of budding entrepreneurs are coming into the market with their innovative ideas but at the same time they need some guidance and more organized sector to work. So, Best of Luck.. !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot.. Yes the change has started.. And in the coming year young entrepreneurs would have significant contribution in nation's economy.

      Delete
  2. Very well written Anish!!! I wish you all the best in your new endeavor and hope that thorough this you help many other to live their dreams!

    Cheers,
    Vikas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vikas for your encouraging comment.. :)

      Delete
  3. Each of us is the author and architect of the results we experience :) It's a great way to share every thought we have, word we speak whether to ourselves or out loud. The beginning of true wisdom is when u start understanding the phenomenon of thoughts and actions.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world"

    Thumbs up! (y)

    ReplyDelete